External Relations Manager - full-time, permanent
Sector(s): Health / Medical, B2B & Corporate - both B2B & B2C accounts
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus one day work from home (after probation), company pension and 28 days holiday
Location: Central London
Do you want to be part of a private company that is helping to redefine the health and social care across the UK? We are currently seeking an External Relations Manager to join the communications team of this 2000 strong private healthcare provider. The work, education and support this company provides are world-class and the consultants and practitioners you will liaise with are the best in the world. Joining their London head office they have a fully functioning communications and marketing team, and this role will report into the Director of Marketing.
- Manage external issues with the media and stakeholders to protect the reputation and proactively promote the organisation
- Write external stakeholder communications
- Develop, deliver and advise on media strategies
- Crisis and Issues management
- Proactively seek out stories
- Create broadcast opportunities
- Handle national and local media inquiries
- Form excellent relationships with journalists
- Build internal relationships and provide expert advice
- Investigate opportunities for creating and delivering news video and other online content
You will have a background in either healthcare OR you will be working in a corporate communications role and have a passion for the healthcare, well-being, addictions and mental health sector. You must have excellent experience of PR and issues management, established media contacts, ability to drive and create newsworthy stories, experience in media affairs and understanding of the health/mental health and political landscape.
This is a fantastic role that will offer you great variety whilst working with the worlds most respected and talented consultants. They have a highly supportive culture, and team culture is really important to them. They will also offer you ongoing training and career development.
They offer a base of £40-£45k, plus company pension, wellness package, 28 days holiday + bank holidays, 9am - 5.30pm flexi-hours and after 3 months probation one day work from home.